it's the journey

it's the journey

Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Now and The Not Yet

I like closure. Answers. Neat tidy solutions all tied up with a bow. Call me a sucker, but I love a Hollywood ending. Trouble is, in real life they're not all that easy to come by. In real life the people we love get incurable illnesses, families slowly fall apart, long time friends turn on one another for seemingly no reason. We stand by hoping, praying for answers. Please don't mistake my impatience for unbelief. My faith is strong, unwavering and I know God has a plan for it all. Sometimes I wish He'd let me in on it. Paul said that now we know in part, but one day will know fully. But right now, I'm caught in between the now and the not yet and sometimes it does seem like forever and ever.

I've always loved this beautiful lyric by Pam Mark Hall

2 comments:

  1. So true... And you're right, it's not about faith, it's about patience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being caught between the now and the not yet -- such a difficult place to be, but such a splendid place for growth!!
    Thank you for sharing your heart :)

    ReplyDelete